Friday, December 9, 2011

Demolition

Honestly, in the first trimester, I thought I would never be able to have another child. For the simple fact that the sickness and fatigue were an all day occurrence for me made me think that the entire pregnancy would be more than I could handle. Boy was I wrong! Once the second trimester almost immediately began, I immediately fell like I had more energy, spunk, and determination to do "things." Now I find it almost easy tolerable to get up in the mornings, and easier to stay up late reading, or doing things around the house. I have ambition to get started on the nursery. I mean, everyone knows how much I love organization and decorating! Luke's sister gave us this gorgeous, bassinet from Pottery Barn that she was given for her children. I think she was excited to use the original bumper because it was intended to be for a girl :)


Right now, our basement is currently under complete reconstruction. Its kind of a demolition zone. We are switching what was originally our office to a guest bedroom, and what used to be our guest bedroom to our NURSERY! May be the more complicated way of doing things, but its the way I always envisioned the lay out. My husband is being a Godsend and is currently painting the guest bedroom alone. (I'm such a lucky woman) My goal this weekend is to complete the guest bedroom paint job, and get all of the furniture and decor up (most of these things require the assistance of my loving hubby). I'll keep you updated with the progress, but the pictures might scare you all right now.

After my 20 week ultrasound, I swear the baby has developed some sort of affinity for martial arts, because it feels like Bruce Lee is shooting a fight scene in my belly. I used to feel kicks mostly at night, but now throughout the day I am constantly feeling wiggles. It is, honestly, the most amazing feeling, and its a constant reminder that there is a miracle growing in my belly. Speaking of growing, is it normal to feel like a tank? My growing belly is not only result of a growing baby, but also a growing appetite. Man oh man, to think that in the first trimester I could barely stomach a meal. I'm fine as I continue to make healthy snack choices throughout the day, and honestly I feel like there's really not a LOT of room in my belly to fit food anyways, my torsos is sort of filled with a growing baby. Continuing to pray for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

1 comment: