Monday, December 5, 2011

1/2 way done!

Well,
Its official. I am over 1/2 way done with my first pregnancy! Wow- this has gone so quickly. I will admit, the first 12 weeks was slow, scary, and man was I sick, but now I find myself forgetting that my belly is growing what seems like 3 inches every day (Gosh, I hope its all in my head) and that there is so much going on inside of my belly.

Babycenter.com, one of my all time favorite pregnancy websites, keeps me updated weekly with the baby's progress and this is what week 20 brings:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, baby's measured from head to toe.)
Baby is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his/her digestive system.


We had our 20 week ultrasound on Friday, and I will admit, the OBGYN who did the ultrasound was less focused on us getting a cute picture of our baby girl (oh yes- it's a baby GIRL), and more focused on ensuring that all of her major organs were functioning properly. I really cant complain, because now we know that baby girl Harvey is completely healthy, moving, and growing, but I really wanted that well-sought out profile pic that every first time mother yearns for. This is the best the Dr did for us:


The pic is taking as if you're looking at the baby at a downward, diagonal angle, you can see the chin (which kind of looks pointy), nose, eyes, and an open mouth. The baby was opening and closing her mouth all ultrasound, and even had the hiccups in there. Again, the picture is so hard to decipher, but it was easier to see when she was moving around what is what. She's a very active baby, and I am feeling rolls and flips constantly now.

I also made my first few cloth diaper purchases on black Friday. Littleneetchers, a cloth diaper and accessories store, had a killer black Friday sale, and I scored 4 diapers for $36. I got some awesome cloth diaper info from a friend, and from sister-in-law.


Seriously- could they GET any cuter? Anyone else use cloth diapers or have any tips? Happy Halfway point :)

5 comments:

  1. I did not use cloth diapers but my aunt did for all 4 of her kids. She swears by them. My husband isn't into changing diapers as it is so we went with pampers. I do know that they have diaper services. I think they sell cloth diapers to you and then pick them up weekly to clean them and give you new ones. Could be something you are interested in. So happy for you! And I didn't have the best ultrasound tech either. I had to ask for a cute picture and she seemed miffed. That was in Georgia though so it could be way better here in MN once and/or maybe if we have another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use cloth and I love it! I'd be happy to pass on any info or answer any questions, but be warned they can become addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, how can diapers be so cute? :) Way to catch a sweet deal too - you are one savvy mama. So excited about your healthy baby GIRL!! She'll be a sweet little beauty for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my familys at work uses the cloth diaper...they are pretty cute! One thing about them though is that the liners will start to smell really bad after awhile even with washing...so you have to bleach them, or send them out to get professionally cleaned every once and awhile! But yey for making baby harv have a nice GREEN diaper experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're planning to use cloth. I'm so excited about it! We've got a pretty good stash going, and I'm lucky to have a couple of friends who are cloth diapering to give me advice and help. They've been SO helpful. I think the best advice so far is that if you're planning to start using cloth right away, make sure you actually have newborn size diapers since most one-size won't work until they're a little bigger.

    On the smelly diapers...I've heard that stripping is the best way to go. This site has some great recs on stripping your diapers: http://www.zany-zebra.com/stripping-cloth-diapers.shtml. :)

    ReplyDelete