Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5 week update

Another week has FLOWN by, which means our little peanut is an entire week older now: 5 weeks old! I'm now officially 1/2 way done with my maternity leave and while it seems like I've gotten so much accomplished and I feel like I've finally established some normalcy in my life with a child, it seems like 10 weeks is just not long enough. I am just so madly in love with this baby that I don't want to stop looking at her for 5 minutes. Mainly because she's constantly changing, and growing. It seems like every day I see her she gets a little bit bigger, a little more alert, a little stronger, and she holds her head up a little bit longer.

5 weeks old!

Look how much she has changed since week 1:

Let's just say she sure is filling out. I think last time I counted there were 4 rolls on the legs :)

I've also come to the realization (and it makes me feel like a bad mom, kind of) that I could never be a stay at home mom. It's weird because I thought for sure the feeling would be so strong after I had my little girl in my arms, and don't get me wrong-I want to be with her ALL the time, but I just don't know if I could stay home ALL DAY LONG. I miss adult interaction, I miss put on my dress clothes, and leaving the house. All you stay at home momma's out there, I give you lots of credit because it is a hard job!

This weekend was a good one. We were spoiled, because with the long weekend, we had an extra day with Luke and he was SO MUCH HELP! Its really heartwarming to see how Riley now recognizes his face and voice and gets into little spells where she just stares at him in amazement. He can also get her to smile, but of course I'm too slow on the camera to capture it. Pretty soon, though!



Friday night we walked up to Freestyle Yogurt with some friends, had some frozen yogurt, had some tacos, and came back here to hang out. It was so nice to spend time with friends and drink a beer and not feel confined to our house.  Saturday, we met up with my parents, Luke's parents, and Luke's sisters family at Como Zoo. It wasn't the nicest day (we got drizzled on quite a bit) but we got lots of walking in and got to see the monkeys, which are my personal favorite! We then went out to dinner, which was delicious!

Grandma's admiring Riley at Como Zoo

Sunday morning, my friend from high school stopped by to visit. She had only met Riley a short while, so she brought us breakfast and held her, then we headed off to Riley's first Twins game. You can't see this in the pic, but my mom got her an adorable little Twins outfit :)


 Cuddling with Gina

Monday, we headed to Luke's sisters for a memorial day BBQ. We ate some good food, chatted, and everyone get their baby fix. It was a very fun-filled and packed weekend, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm hoping that this weekend we can get cracking on our garden (I know we are extremely late to the party). Luke has his Tour de Cure bike race on Saturday morning, so we will be there to cheer him on as he bikes 100 miles! 
Memorial Day outfit

So here we are, over 5 weeks post partum and loving out little peanut more than life itself. Seeing the way she looks at Luke, and even better how Luke looks at her just melts my heart. I still can't believe our duo has become a trio and we are officially a family. I am so happy to be a mom- it is honestly the most amazing thing in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment