Sunday, November 6, 2011

Flutters and fun

I bet if you ask any first time mother, she will remember the first time she felt the baby move. For a couple weeks now, people have been asking me, Have you felt any movement, kicks, flutters? I was really starting to worry that I wasn't feeling anything, because I remember at my 12 week ultrasound, the baby was doing flips and somersaults, and it just boggled my mind that I couldn't feel anything while that was going on inside of me. Well- for about the past week, I have been able to feel movement every now and then (usually when I'm laying in bed, absolutely still). People describe the feeling in a number of different ways, to me, it feels like little fingers fluttering back and forth, or little kernels of popcorn popping around. It is absolutely amazing to me. I just can't wait until the kicks can be felt externally, because I feel like my hand will always be on my belly.

This week was a big week for us. My lovely and amazing friend, brought over a TON of baby stuff for us that she used for her daughter (who is now 4). The items include: a crib, a changing table, a car seat, a high chair, and a bouncy thing. I'll admit, we were slightly overwhelmed, for a number of reasons. One, our nursery isn't even a nursery yet, and now doubles as a guest bed and furniture holding area, and Two, it all seems so real now. We are both so thankful and grateful to have friends like this who are willing to share their "baby stuff" with us. Once we find out the gender, we plan to get moving and grooving with the nursery. At least painting, and starting to buy little things here and there. Couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment