Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nursery planning beings

I'm finding it hard to believe we are already over 18 weeks through this remarkable journey to parenthood. I am reminded every time I look down that this is really happening as my growing belly is making itself even more evident than a week ago. Luke keeps reminding me how cute it is and I think that helps me cope a little bit with the fact that NONE of my old pants can be buttoned comfortably and attractively right now. I finally invested in a few new tops and a pair of jeans. I have never been so happy to slip on a pair of jeans with a big tummy panel. We have been talking a little bit more seriously about a nursery and have thrown around a few ideas. We have a beautiful white crib that was borrowed to us by my wonderful friend Shari, now we are looking for a dresser. I put an offer in on craigslist, lets hope it pans out. I love this DIY mobile that I found on one of my favorite blogs: younghouselove


These book shelves I found on pinterest that actually made up of $3.99 spice racks from Ikea


We will most likely take off the closet doors and convert it to something like this:


Equipped with a homemade draping that will match the home made drapes I hope to whip up.

As far as paint colors go, Obviously we want to do something a little more gender neutral, but we will add little hints of femininity or masculinity depending on what we find out December 2nd. (Countdown to gender determination has officially begun!)

We both love the idea of doing some sort of tree on the wall:


Or this:


Or this:


So, obviously we have a lot of work to do, because the nursery currently is all white and sparse with furniture, but I have no doubt that we are going to have a blast doing it all. We are also planning to get cracking on our guest bedroom as well. Wish us luck, everyone!

P.S. calling all crafty friends, your ideas and help is much appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment