Tuesday, April 17, 2012

40 weeks!

Hi-yo! Week 40 of pregnancy is a- knockin' on my door and I can NOT believe it. Ask any pregnant woman and they will tell you that for 37 weeks, you pray that the baby in your belly "cooks," grows, gets stronger and healthier in your belly, and once you hit that full term mark, your entire mindset changes. For me, it was because EVERYONE assumed I would go early. I don't know if its the way I carry the baby, how active I was throughout the pregnancy (up until now) or the fact that I really wanted to go early, but boy were we wrong. After tomorrow, I am officially overdue. AHHH! Crazy. My midwife DID tell me that most first time mom's deliver at 41 weeks. Blasphemy!

It seems like these last few weeks have just crawwlllleed by. Every day the anticipation builds. I go to bed and think, oooh tonight could be the night! Then I wake up a little disappointed. Our bag is laid out, and Luke has the list memorized of the last minute things to bring. The car seat is installed, and mom and dad are READY! It also makes me more and more excited because my co-workers wife, who has become a friend, had her baby on Sunday. The two of us had been through this pregnancy journey together, and now I see her with her adorable little bundle of joy, and get even more excited to hold our baby. PS, please check out her blog here. Its like- really, really good! Kind of puts mine to shame!

I've been feeling good for the most part. Besides being physically pretty uncomfortable, and mentally a little overly anxious I can't really complain (I'm sure my husband would tell you I DO find a way to complain). He and my loving mother have been great about just listening and letting me say what I feel. It is getting more and more difficult to go to work and sit for the majority of the day. I find myself taking frequent breaks to get up and move around, and I've gotten into the habit of walking the stairs every time I take a trip to the bathroom, which, as you can imagine, equals out to be a LOT throughout the day. Luke and I have also been walking a lot. A couple trips to the MOA and around the neighborhood have kept me active and moving.

So here I welcome 40 weeks of pregnancy with a furrowed brow and a frowny face.

No comments:

Post a Comment