Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another day, another blog post

Well. . here I am. Writing another blog post, with no baby in my arms. Almost 39 weeks and going strong! Its hard to believe there are little hands and feet, eyelashes, hair (maybe), and little tiny eyes that will be looking at me soon.

How I'm feeling
Right now, I'm kind of a flood of emotions. I am the stereotypical pregnant chick. Happy and energetic one moment, and I can cry the next. It really doesn't even have to be anything sad- I have cried at episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. (pathetic, I know). Right now I think the anticipation is going to drive me insane. I am a very controlling person, and the fact that I am completely out of control of the situation, kind of drives me insane. I don't like not knowing. Everyone keeps checking in on me, and I hate not being able to say- I'm making progress!

What I've been doing
I've heard of so many different remedies for inducing labor and I've tried a lot of them. Rasberry leaf tea (which actually prepares your body for labor, doesn't induce it) with cinnamon, bouncing on an exercise ball, exercising, and walking. . . Lots and lots of walking. Last night, it was a bit cold to go for a walk, so the hubby and I headed to the Mall of America after dinner and walked the entire mall (with a DQ blizzard in hand, of course).  I downloaded a pedometer app on my phone, so I counted our steps and tracked our distance and we put on over 4,000 steps! I doubt any of these things will actually put me into labor, but I have been trying to stay active, doing stairs at work, walking, yoga, and some pilates, so if anything, I'll at least be more physically prepared for labor.

Tick, tock. . . 
Now its a waiting game. My mom could've sworn that baby Harvey was going to be born on the Saturday before Easter. That was her guess. When Saturday rolled by, I then thought it could be that night, then Sunday, etc. etc. Now-it's Wednesday tomorrow and still no baby. I know the majority of women go OVER with their first, but I honestly thought we would be the freaks that'd go weeks early ( I guess we still could be). Its like every night I think- will I wake up with contractions or to my water breaking?

On my BabyCenter April Births club,  I've been having a lot of fun sharing this journey with everyone.  Now, people are starting to post pics of their babies that have been born, and are sharing tricks that they think helped them go into labor. Its kind of funny to see how much everyone's attitude has changed, and it makes me feel a little less guilty about the way I've been feeling. Once people hit the 37 week mark, a lot of women say, Enough is enough! There are the few who say, you've waited this long, what's another week? Well I explained it to Luke as being similar to when you are on a long car ride and have to go to the bathroom. You're told it'll be a 1/2 hour until you reach a bathroom, and although you can go the first 25 minutes without any hesitation, the last 5 minutes feels like torture. That's how it feels right now. The last few minutes is the hardest, because you're the most uncomfortable and you know how close you are to that relief.

I know, I know. . .Baby will come when she is good and ready. So for now I will suffer through the sleepless nights with jabs in my ribs, the heartburn, and the pressure, because I know once she's here, I'm going to miss that special bond I have when she's in my belly.

Happy 39 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment