Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog from an overdue (crabby) pregnant chick

Does my belly look as big as it feels?!

Its official. I have been welcomed into a club that most pregnant women dread being a part of- the overdue pregnant chicks club. I am now OVER 40 weeks pregnant, and definitely feeling it. Its miraculous that my body can even stretch more than it already has (and believe me, it has) but somehow baby and I manage to continue growing. At my 40 week appointment (which I never thought/hoped I'd make it to), my midwife estimated that the baby is currently 7 1/2 lbs. It makes me a little concerned because at this time in the pregnancy, they say the baby grows about 1/2 a lb a week and they'll let me go 2 more weeks  before inducing me! Hearing the size of our baby also makes things seem so real. She could come out and be a full-sized healthy baby.

I think I focused so hard on my due date and forgot to remember that the due date is an actual estimated due date. My midwife tells me that my lack of any signs of labor is completely normal for first time moms, and that most deliver around 41 weeks. At this point, I feel like I can absolutely handle that (which is good because I have to), but the anticipation and excitement has been building so much that I feel like I'm going to explode. Its to the point where my wonderful friends and family are checking in on me on a daily basis, and I feel like I'm letting people down having to say "Nope- nothing yet. . . not even close." I just can't wait for that day when I can send that message or that e-mail and picture welcoming our little bundle of joy to the world.

There are just a few things that I'm having troubles with. Work: Its difficult to wake up early on little to no sleep (I know, I know- I'll have to get used to it) and sit, sit, SIT! When I sit down, it compresses my abdomen, and then baby's big butt jams into my rib cage. I've been doing the stairs at each of my bathroom breaks, which is quite often, so that gives me a boost of energy and keeps me moving a little. Getting up: I had been so proud of my self for being so independent. I still put my compression socks and shoes on in the morning, rolling out of bed, and getting up off the couch, but honestly, all of those things have become 2 person tasks. Luke is so used to rolling me out of bed when I get up in the middle of the night, helping me up when I'm in a low chair, taking my socks off for me, putting my shoes on. If I try to do it alone, it is accompanied with a lot of unintentional grunting. Relaxing: My friend who just had a baby told me that I should rest up now while I can because once baby comes, rest will be forgotten. Its difficult because I don't want to sit around and dwell on the fact that I'm still pregnant, so I've been trying to stay busy and active and may be overdoing it.

A while back, my mom invited me to Madame Butterfly Opera at the Ordway. She asked, "What do you want to be doing on your due date if you're not having the baby?"I responded, "Well I hope I'll have a baby by then, but I obviously wasn't and she had tickets to the opera that she got from one of her clients and she wanted to take ME! Attending an opera was on both of our bucket lists, and let me tell you- I'm so glad we went. The Ordway is so beautiful and the voices were out of this world. Plus, its nice to have some mother daughter time.  Luke and I went last night and walked over 3 miles at the MOA then went to a movie. It felt so nice to be out and shop and walk, but at the same time, by the time we got to our 7:55p movie, I felt like I was ready to fall asleep! I came home thinking, 3 miles, heck yeah- that'll make something happen. Wrong-o! I woke up equally as pregnant as I was the night before. I think I've reached the point that I no longer want to try the labor inducing remedies, I just want to relax and enjoy the down time I have.

For now I'm going to kick back and try to relax a little. Maybe open a book and indulge in a delicious snack! Happy Saturday, everyone :)

7 comments:

  1. You have my sympathies. I delivered at 41w1d. I was GIGANTIC and so miserable. It is no fun at all. BUT my baby came out a whopping 7 lbs. 2 oz., even though at my 35 week appointment, they estimated then she was over 5 lbs. So...take the guestimates with a grain of salt. Yours may still come out teeny. :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am pela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr osaze's recommendation on line, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me. I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other issues, you can reach him through his email:
      drosaze39@gmail.com or call him on +2347089275769

      Delete
    2. Am Hellen, thanks to Dr oniha who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr ONIHA's recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous of childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertilty issues, you can reach him through his email:
      DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM or call him on +2347089275769

      Delete
  2. Poor thing, I think you need to go get a pedicure or massage, something fun and relaxing to help take your mind off waiting:) Good luck, I hope when she decides to come everything will go smoothly for you! I'm looking forward to your post telling everyone she's here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl. All this will be worth it (and forgotten). Trust me! I can't WAIT for you to meet your precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don’t think of anything else just contact Dr Abalaka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to conceive due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the Priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Dr Abalaka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Dr on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    Fibroid
    High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    Diabetes
    Infection, regular body pains
    Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    Cyst from the ovaries
    Unpleasant smell from the virginal
    Irregular menstruation
    Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    Infertility for easy Conception.......
    Erectile dysfunction treatment
    Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Get your ex back
    Happiness in relationship
    Command respect in the society
    Enlarge your Penis/breast with no side effect
    Impotent solution
    Obesity solution
    Romanticism solutions
    Cancer of the blood
    Parkinson disease
    General consultation
    Those are the things he does, You can simply contact the spiritualist Dr Abalaka on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am pela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr osaze's recommendation on line, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me. I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other issues, you can reach him through his email:
    drosaze39@gmail.com or call him on +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete