Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome 3rd Trimester

I am officially in my 3rd trimester and I'm feeling good! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. It seems like we have so much left to do! I found a pregnancy work out that I absolutely love so I have been doing it about 5 days a week. Pregnancy pilates! I look forward to working out every day, strengthening my body, and preparing for labor. Luke and I had our first baby class through Amma Maternity: Baby Care basics. It was 2 1/2 hours of intense information about diaper changing, feeding, swaddling, soothing a crying baby, preventing/treating illness, and everything in between. We started off the class writing our names and due date.
We then introduced ourselves to the 8 other couples and then the info started getting hurled at us. We watched videos, saw some demonstrations, tried things, and got to work in groups with some of the other couples. The most interesting thing we learned was probably the 5 S's for soothing a crying baby, which is a technique in "The Happiest Baby" book by Harvey Karp. The 5 S's are: Swaddle, Side (or Stomach-your baby's feel-good position), Shhhh (baby's favorite soothing sound), Swinging (or Swaying), and Sucking. The instructor did a demonstration and I definitely think its a technique we will use. I was so impressed with my husband. Honestly, he was contributing to the discussion and learned things that he thought would be extremely valuable. Our friends just had a baby last week, (Congrats again Sara & Charlie!) and Luke and I had the pleasure of visiting her. Oh-My-Gosh she is absolutely beautiful and precious. I walked in an immediately cried. Because, yes-I'm hormonal, but I also couldn't get passed the fact that she was in my friends belly one day, and out in the world the next day. She was so tiny, made the most beautiful little noises, and when she opened her big blue eyes, my heart melted. I just HAVE to post some of the pictures on here.
Luke and I both came home after visiting them ready and excited for the arrival of our baby. Luke even said, and this is a direct quote, "I'm ready to meet the baby growing in your stomach." I melted and realized how excited I am. It all seemed so real to have a little baby in my arms and see a little baby in Luke's arms. So my belly is growing, the baby is about 14.8 inches and 2.25 lbs. Kicks are constant throughout the day, and I'm used to feeling a tumbling session in my belly. Its something I look forward to; knowing that eventually I will get to see those wiggles. I'm looking forward to working on the nursery this weekend. I hope to get the shelving in the closet, taking down the closet doors, and trying to sew (what will eventually be curtains).

3 comments: