Saturday, January 28, 2012

Getting organized

This morning was filled with a fun-filled trip to one of my favorite stores: Home Depot! Luke and I knew we wanted to do some work in the nursery (since for once we had nothing planned) so we went and picked up some shelving for the baby's room. We decided to take the doors off the closet, because I plan on whipping out some mad sewing skills and creating a cute, printed, curtain-like cover for the closet. 

Here's some pics of our progress:

This is what the closet looked like prior to all of our hard work



Then came the measuring, marking, and drilling


. . . annnd hammering


Then came the actually hanging of the shelves, and the filling with all of baby Harvey's clothes. 






We absolutely love how it turned out and it is ONE more thing that we can cross off our list of things to do. We still have some work to do: obviously the curtains, I have some home-made art work that I want to complete, shelving that I want to hang to hold books, and the READ letters that I have already painted white and got the ribbon to hang. And of course, photos on the wall of both Luke and I as babies. We are having so much fun decorating, and organizing things and I am lucky that my mother gave me her mild OCD and need for everything to have its own special place. It has really been contributing to my nesting. 


Also- I just wanted to post this video of belly movement because its a little crazy how you can see her moving around in there so much already. 



1 comment:

  1. Sooo awesome!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the closet! Hoping Karl has some time to do that to ours! You're very organized!!!!

    ReplyDelete