Monday, February 20, 2012

Life so far

Finally got our READ letters hung on the chalkboard


Well as hard as it is to believe, we are in the final stretch of this whole pregnancy journey. Its hard to believe 20-some odd weeks ago, I surprised my husband on his birthday with the news that we are going to be parents. I still remember the look on his face (mainly because I took a picture of it)


Could he BE any cuter!? He has really surprised me, because I see how excited (and tolerant) he has been throughout this entire pregnancy and I grow even more thankful that he is the person I will be raising this baby with. Not only has he assured me that everything will fall into place and be great parents, but he has also expressed so much excitement that he makes me even more excited!

All this excitement has created some ambition. We have started to make some serious progress on the baby nursery. I worked on some art work and am pretty proud with the way it turned out! As well as the READ letters you saw on the home made chalkboard, the first piece of actual art is something I had envisioned many moons ago, and didn't really know how I was going to accomplish it, but with a couple coupons from Michael's some buttons, and a little personal flair, I kind of threw it together. 



We also put (thanks to my lovely and generous friend) 2 dressers, and a rocking chair in the nursery. The shorter, wider dresser is going to double as a changing table, so we'll have to find a changing pad to slap on top. 



We actually ended up moving the chair to the other corner of the room, because Luke put together the crib! (Thank you, sweetheart)



And this gorgeous pendant from a friend!

There's still a lot of organizing to do, but we are really pleased with the progress! I could not have imagined that the baby would have this many clothes before she is even born. That is probably going to take the longest time. I took some time today organizing clothes, but its kind of overwhelming. So many onsies, so many sleepers, so many cute little outfits- Do I fold them together? Do I hang them? How do I organize the clothes based upon size. Needless to say I wasn't really feeling in the mood to hard core organize, so we shall wait till I'm feeling more ambitious. 

Besides the back pain and the fatigue, I feel great. I sat and looked at the crib tonight having a hard time imaging that the baby in my belly will soon be laying in it. Whew. 8 weeks to go!



1 comment:

  1. I love the nursery!!!!!!!! I love how excited you are too!!! YAY! A friend gave me these for our closet to organize all the different sizes of clothes! If you don't have them already, they are pretty sweet! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2885700&CAWELAID=107532270

    ReplyDelete