Monday, February 13, 2012

Zoo baby shower

 


This weekend (which went entirely too quickly), two of my wonderful roommates from college (Mary and Erin) hosted the first ever baby shower for Baby Harvey.


I feel to grateful to have such amazing, thoughtful, and generous people in my life like these friends. It's hard to believe that just a few years ago we were overwhelmed at the thought of having bridal showers for one another. How quickly we transition to adulthood.

So the shower was a love theme, so we were surrounded in hearts, reds, and pinks (which just happens to be my favorite color)



We started with a delicious brunch of egg bakes, fruit, veggies, delicious treats, and some frost your own cookies for desert!


We played a couple super cute games: a celebrity name matching game, and what I would call a baby quiz. Some of the answers on the baby quiz really, REALLY surprised me. 

* Did you know that 1 diaper takes over 500 years to decompose?
* Did you know that the woman who holds the record for the most children, had 42 kids?
* Did you know that during pregnancy, the uterus stretches to 500 times its original size?

Those were just a few of the quiz questions. Although I didn't do too hot on either of the quizzes, I had a ton of fun. 

After the games came the gifts, and I just have to say- this baby in my belly has so many people that love her already. It really warms my heart. The baby got many wonderful things that are going to be helpful throughout her little baby journey, and some things that will help her to be stylish (like her mom- hehe j/k). 

Probably my favorite part of the shower, and thing to take home, was what they called a "wish jar." 


Everyone was told to decorate a stone with a wish that they had for the baby and we got to take it home. I honestly can't wait to read these to her every day and will be sure to reference all of them frequently. I love, love, LOVED this!



All-in-all it was a wonderful shower, and I am so thankful for not only, the beautifully organized hosts, but also, all of my lovely Zoo girls for attending. Love you guys so, so much!



2 comments:

  1. Such a nice post! Baby showers are fun. All your friends are together, you enjoy good food, good music and very good gossip. I am sure you guys had a great time here. I am also planning a surprise party for my best friend. It is also her birthday that day so I am planning to book one of the Chicago event venues for the grand celebration.

    ReplyDelete