Wednesday, March 21, 2012

9 months and counting down

Phew! A lot has happened since my last blog post. I have been so ridiculously busy and tiiiired that blogging has really not been a priority (oops!)

Curtains
I know I mentioned previously, but I really wanted to sew some curtains to cover the closet, as well as sew some sort of valence. My wonderful sister in law came over a couple weeks ago for what we called a sewing party/my first attempt at sewing a real "thing." The plan was for me to sew on my grandma's sewing machine, while Josie sewed on hers. . . Well mine turned out not functioning properly and is in need of a little tune up, so we both ended up using hers. (My momma later found the instruction manual for my grandma's sewing machine, so I will definitely be giving it another go!) After some hard work, trial and error (on my part) and much assistance from my wonderful sis-in-law, we got 'em done!

Getting my sew on

I am very pleased with the finished product!

Very proud of our hard work


Maternity photos
Two weekends ago, Luke and I had our maternity photo shoot with one of our amazingly talented wedding photographers. We headed out to Como Park at 9:00 am on one of the most beautiful days of the spring. It was 60 degrees, sunny, and we were excited! Its weird- because I know a lot of women feel so beautiful when they are pregnant. The "glow", is what everyone calls it. I definitely don't feel the glow, but I enjoy being pregnant. I maybe don't feel beautiful, but I love the feeling of having a baby in my belly! Anyways- Here's a sneak peek at a couple of the photos. We should be getting the rest soon:




So after maternity photos, came the fun. . . . and by fun, I mean:

Our car got stolen
I woke up last Tuesday morning to go to work, and found that our garage had been pried open (and was stuck open about a foot) and Luke's car had been removed. So after filing a claim with the police department, an claim on our home owners insurance, and a claim on our auto insurance, we play the waiting game. . . The waiting game lasts until the car is found, or 30 days from the date the car was stolen. (which just so happens to be within days of my due date). Couldn't be better timing! 

3rd baby shower
On a happier note, I had my 3rd baby shower last weekend, hosted by one of my mom's best friends, Kathy! It was a room filled with some of my mom's closest friends, who were all so generous and thoughtful. The decorations were absolutely adorable I just had to share. 

This tree (which we got to bring home) had little slips hung on them where guests could write messages to the baby: Wishes, hopes and dreams. 



Even the water bottles were personalized: Welcome Baby Harvey




The food and punch was delicious!

We played a "guess how many jelly beans are in the bag" game- (which, did you know that in a small bag of jelly beans, they estimate there's over 600 jelly beans in the bag!?), and a couple other games.  Then came the shower of gifts for the baby to be. Everyone was so generous and so thoughtful, my mom is so lucky to have such amazing friends! One of the things we did get is the crib bedding, so I just HAD to post a pic.

This just melts my heart

How I'm feeling
So far so good. I am officially 36 1/2 weeks (yes the 1/2 week matters in the count down). I'm getting a little uncomfortable. Its unbelievably how much pressure there is on my bladder- not to mention I am going to the bathroom twice an hour. Luke tells me I don't have the pregnancy waddle, but I definitely feel like I do. I think we are finally ready. Luke keeps saying, "I'm ready for her to be here," and honestly so am I. He's so much more calm than I am though. I think he's already in dad mode. Keeping me calm, and taking care of me. Putting my shoes on for me, and helping me with all my unreasonable demands and mood swings. We have our hospital bag packed, clothes washed, room organized, now we wait. I start my weekly doc appointments this week, so it is finally feeling real! I'll keep you updated with the progress :)


2 comments:

  1. great pictures and curtains. getting pretty professional love you grandma larson

    ReplyDelete