Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our weekend at 37 weeks pregnant

This was a very eventful weekend at the Harvey household, which is probably why I'm feeling pretty exhausted today.

Friday night. . . 

my loving hubby bought us tickets to the Hunger Games. So- we did our first, arrive- an-hour-early to stakeout and good spot in line and get a good seat. We picked up a quick sandwich from Potbelly's after we found out that the theatre lets you bring outside food in, and got to eat in line. The movie was AWESOME to all of those who have read the books. I thought it was a perfect depiction of the first book. AND I stayed up until almost midnight.

Saturday


We ran errands early in the day. . . We headed out to Target to get some necessities, and to Home Depot to get blinds for the nursery, a curtain rod, and some supplies to build a planters box! I have been begging for a garden since we moved in, but last year we had so many problems with our lawn and difficulty scoping out a good spot that it was just too late. So we picked up 3- 2 X 12 X 8 pieces of wood, and 1- 4 X 4 X 8, and 5 bags of Miracle Grow Garden Soil to get started. It was so beautiful outside that I did yard work, while Luke tended to the manly stuff like sawing, screwing, and building.   I am absolutely in love with the finished product. We haven't actually "planted" anything in there yet (after all, it is only March) and it turns out, we need quite a bit more soil, but I am absolutely in love with the finished product!



The nursery is preettttyyy much finished, too. Here are some pics of the newest additions:







I then got to spend some time with my best friend from high school, Allison, who happened to be in town from D.C. where she is in Law School. I got to chat with her and her parents and I just felt so at home. I'm lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.

Sunday

I woke up not feeling so hot. Sore from all of my manual labor, and kind of like I was hit with a ton of bricks. But our friends/lovely neighbors convinced us to go on a walk/ bike ride for their 4 year old, and we ended up playing at the park for quite a while. Believe it or not, I see saw-ed, did the zip line, attempted the monkey bars, and swung. We then walked up to Trader Joes and picked up a variety of pregnancy treats (ex. pineapple, popcicles). After some intense motivating, Luke and I baked 2 loafs of oatmeal cranberry bread, and I made my world-famous spicy spinach lasagna. 

It was very moist and delicious (as you can tell by the fact that over half the other loaf is already gone!)

I am really exhausted today, and have vowed to do little to nothing else besides maybe read my book . I'm so glad that we got outside and stayed busy all weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. Love the swing in the nursery!!! We have the exact same one. YAY! Also LOVE THE GARDEN-to-be! So jealous. I want a yard!!! I'm feeling like I've been hit by a bus too...what gives? Doing too much probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so close to meeting your lil girl! Looks like you have everything ready for her...good luck with these last few weeks:)

    ReplyDelete