Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby shower #2

Today was absolutely amazing. My good friend, Shari, threw me my 2nd baby shower at my all-time favorite restaurant, Boca Chica.


We had an awesome mix of people there including co-workers, old work friends, friends from high school, friends from work, and a few family members. It was so much fun to have the room filled with people I care about so much. I came home feeling incredibly grateful. 



We ate some delicious food, we were lucky enough to eat there during their brunch buffet, and let me tell you- I definitely got my moneys worth! We played a game where we had to name what different baby animals are called. I was incredibly surprised with the number of people that knew some of the names! The decor was also adorable, we had a little clothes line with a number of different items hung on it, and at the end of the shower, the items were taken down. People were then instructed to remember what was hanging up- whoever remembered the most (of the 22 items) won a prize!


How cute is this decor!

After food and games, we opened presents. And boy did we have a LOT to haul home. First off, each guest was asked to, instead of a card, buy the baby a book and write a personalized message in it. So not only did she get a TON of great gifts, but we also got enough books to fill up our soon-to-be book shelves. The notes were so thoughtful and most of them made me emotional! I'm entirely too emotional for all of this!

Our temporary book shelf

We got so many things that are going to be SO useful, including a boppy pillow, a high chair, bouncer, baby swing, and my wonderful co-workers got us our stroller! We got so many other items, too, an adorable outfit, a pair of Keens that are probably the cutest baby shoes I have ever seen, and a ton of other practical items that I know are going to get used every day. 

Shari also asked what type of desert I wanted, and I am totally not big on sweets, so she made a diaper cake in place of a real cake!


Could this be any cuter?

The diaper cake was filled with- well diapers (both disposable and reusable!), onesies, sleepers, toys, pacifiers, a blanket, lotion, shampoo, body wash, socks, a tutu, and as you can see- an adorable pair of baby sunglasses. 

This baby is so blessed and so lucky to have so many amazing, giving people in her life, and I couldn't be more grateful to call these people my friends. The shower was so much fun and I can't wait for baby Harvey to meet everyone so soon! Thanks again to everyone who was a part of today! Feeling more and more prepared every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment