Monday, October 24, 2011

The beauty of maternity pants

This weekend I had the pleasure of going shopping for maternity clothes with my lovely mother. She knew that my pants are getting uncomfortable and its causing quite a bit of discomfort during the work day. We made a whole day of it and headed to the Mall of America (where we also got some intense walking in). I have friends who have shopped at Motherhood Maternity before and I've heard nothing but good things, so we decided to make that our first stop. If you're looking for maternity pants, right now their dress pants are buy one get one 50% off! We also hit up Old Navy, which I didn't even know had a maternity section, and of course, browsed a little in the baby clothes as well. I don't know what it is about tiny "things" but we saw an itsy bitsy baby bikini and my mom and I both did the "AWWWWWWWW" out loud. It has been so difficult to refrain from buying anything for the baby, but honestly- we are waiting to see what the gender is. Then I can buy all the tutus and dresses, or ties, and little cargo pants as my heart desires.


If you don't think this is cute, you don't have a heart!

Back to the maternity pants. I tried on pairs from both Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy, and for some reason the ones at Old Navy fit like a glove. I mean, trying them on in the store gave me a good feel for how comfortable they were, but I wore them all day at work today, and asked myself why I haven't ALWAYS been wearing maternity clothes? (besides the fact that I didn't need them until now). I may never leave the comfort of these pants!


oldnavy.com

All in all it was an extremely successful day. Not only did I get to spend some quality time with one of my favorite people in the world, my momma, but I also got some cute stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Those look like an absolute delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want to wear my maternity pants forever. They are the best!!!! Did you see any in longs at Old Navy because I didn't:(

    ReplyDelete