Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bye, bye 1st trimester

October 4th, 2011


Well I am nearing the end of my 1st trimester and I honestly thought this day would never come. Its like the entire time I’ve been pregnant, I have just counted down the moments to that ‘1/3rd of the way mark.’ The mark where every woman begins to feel comfortable telling people; the mark where I am supposed to start feeling better; the mark where the chances of miscarriage are dramatically reduced. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. My baby is the size of a plum, which just so happens to be one of my recent daily cravings and obsessions. I sat during my lunch break looking at my plum. I found myself holding and examining it ever so carefully. Hmm something is alive and this size in my tummy, growing and growing. It almost felt weird eating it. But my pregnancy cravings got the best of me and I downed it in seconds. I have been waiting to begin feeling better. I found myself still nauseous and overwhelmingly tired today. In the back of my mind, I think that tomorrow, since I’ll be in my 2nd trimester, a switch will turn on and my energy level will be at an all time high. wishful thinking, I guess. I’m starting to really get excited, and connect with my what’s going on in my body. Appreciating the growth (even though now I just look fatter) and my new baby bump. I have started to take moments out of the day to wish my baby happy and healthy growth. Luke has started to make comments that make me happy, talking about how cute my “little baby bump” is and how I shouldn’t be concerned, because “our baby is growing in there.” It makes the physical changes all worth-while. Today I craved a Totino’s cheese Party Pizza, and a white Gatorade and honestly thought I couldn’t go on without one. Lucky for me, the hubby picked some up after work without me even asking ☺ One of my first pregnancy cravings and boy, are they weird! Bye, bye first trimester, and I’ll catch you all in phase 2!

2 comments:

  1. I get cravings for Gatorade too!!!!!!! Funny!! Love this blog! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you make pregnancy sound fabulous! I think this is my first official baby pang. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete