Sunday, October 23, 2011

The belly band is my savior

October 11th, 2011


Okay- so I’ve heard of pregnant women purchasing something called a Bella band, belly band, whatever you want to call. I wasn’t quite sure why it’d be necessary because even well into my 12th week, my clothes were still fitting appropriately and comfortably. That was until one lovely morning, I awoken as usual, and found it incredibly uncomfortable to leave my pants buttoned throughout the entirety of the day. So- I caved and purchased this simple invention. Basically, what this is- is a ring of fabric, designed to be worn around your torso atop an unbuttoned or unzipped pair of pants. It seems trashy, and kind of gross, but my oh- my how it has changed my life. My belly is protruding just enough that sitting in a pair of buttoned pants eventually wears on me (no pun intended) after an 8 hour day. I’ve found that my appetite is growing, which I anticipated since I was losing weight in the first trimester due to not being able to eat! I find myself having to eat every couple of hours, even if its just a bag of almonds, a piece of fruit, or a granola bar. I definitely try to keep it healthy. I also consume probably 60-100 oz of water per day, too. I’ve learned that I must find ways to satisfy my cravings, but STILL get those fruits and veggies as well. For example, I have been craving jalapeno macaroni & cheese for a few days now. I got an AWESOME recipe from my sis in law, and she suggested adding some cauliflower puree to get those extra vitamins and minerals. I boiled about ½ a head of cauliflower, and ran it through my magic bullet, added it to the mac & cheese mixture, and voila! It didn’t really take anything from the flavor, but added a ton of nutrients. (Don’t even harp on me about the cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment