Sunday, October 23, 2011

First ultrasound!

October 7th, 2011



Today was monumental. Not only does today mark the beginning of our 4 day anniversary weekend (YAY), but also, we had our first ultrasound and 12 week check up with our nurse midwife. Words can not begin to describe what an amazing day we had. I had a difficult time sleeping/staying asleep once I woke up the 3rd time-yes 3rd time during the night to go to the bathroom. There were so many emotions and thoughts going through my mind I just couldn’t wait for 9:40. It was well worth the wait and the stress of “holding it” as I had to go to the bathroom for an hour. We saw our babies eyes, developing jaw and spinal cord, ribs, 2 arms and 2 legs (all equipped with five little tiny digits), 2 hemispheres of the brain, and best of all, a strong and healthy beating heart. The baby was so active- doing flips, somersaults, waving and kicking its little arms and legs. I was so surprised at the amazing technology that allowed us to see our growing baby. It all feels real now. I also stepped on the scale and found that I haven’t gained any weight. This is probably because I have been pretty consistently doing pre-natal yoga, walking a lot, and having a difficult time eating. I have little to no desire to snack, because nausea is basically constant. Still feeling pretty fatigued, less nauseous, and overwhelmingly excited. Luke even got a recording on his cell phone of the baby’s heartbeat. I could listen to it all day long. Still can’t believe all of this is going on inside of my belly. I am so happy!

2 comments:

  1. amazing whitney! please feel free to personally email me any future ultrasound pics! xoxox!!!! love this!

    ReplyDelete